We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide professional technical assistance to our customers in Wichita, KS. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install and configure applications to meet a variety of business needs.
A Technical Engineer must be knowledgeable and customer-oriented. Communication is everything for an OXEN engineer so your ability to convey technical information to non-technical people, interact in a natural way, and be responsive to clients is critical. We’re further looking for superior technical expertise and a problem-solving aptitude.
A Technical Engineer’s responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems, and using remote connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues, and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d love to talk with you.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve network connectivity issues
- Work as a team member to collaboratively resolve client requests and technical issues with other team members, partners, and vendors
- Ability to work in varied environments and at different locations
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal knowledgebase or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems
- Experience with various LAN/WAN network technologies
- Experience with Windows Server, & Active Directory Administration.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills (emphasis on technical communication) either in secondary education or in a business environment.
- Valid driver’s license/good driving record.
- Candidate must have ability to pass an extensive background check.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dedication to customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience in providing customer service on-site and remote on a technical level to an end user
- Experience with Folder redirection and group policy management.
- Experience with cloud technologies & platforms (Office 365, Intune, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Professional certifications (e.g. MSCA, MSCE, CompTIA A+)