We are looking for a knowledgeable Technical Engineer to help small and medium businesses develop, use, and integrate IT systems. You’ll take the hassle out of resolving technical problems and help SMB decision-makers maximize the value of technology, enable their employees, and secure their IT environments. The Technical Engineer must be knowledgeable and customer oriented. Communication is everything for this role, so your ability to convey technical information to non-technical people, interact in a natural way, and be responsive to clients is critical. We’re further looking for superior technical expertise and a problem-solving aptitude.
This role helps support clients with on-site service in Southwest Iowa and the Omaha, Nebraska area, as well as helps remotely support clients across our entire client-base spanning multiple states. The #1 job responsibility of any OXEN team member is to make our Clients exceptionally happy, and our engineers play a critical role in making sure that happens.
- Understand customer requirements and business objectives
- Provide strategic advice on using technology to achieve business goals
- Manage IT initiatives and collaborate with in-house technical staff
- Design IT systems and networks ensuring the right architecture, functionality, and security
- Provide insights and roadmaps to help increase business security and help safeguard information
- Support new technology implementation
- Train users in new and existing IT systems
- Provide assistance with technical issues
- Revise existing systems and suggest improvements
- Experience in IT consulting, advising, and project planning.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems
- Experience with various operating systems and cloud platforms
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, AWS, and other cloud technologies
- Experience in project management
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Dedication to customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in computer science, IT, or relevant field or equivalent experience; MSc/MBA in business is a plus
- Professional and Vendor certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, etc.) are a plus