Microsoft Teams is the successor to Skype for Business. You may be jumping straight into Teams or switching to it from Skype and want to ensure your notifications are tweaked to your needs. Here’s how to access your Teams notifications settings!
- Click your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings > Notifications.
There are three categories for notifications: mentions (e.g. when someone @s you), messages, and other.
For each type of notification, you can choose to receive one of these:
- Banner (a pop-up notification on your screen)
- Banner and email (the frequency of the email notification is set in the Other category)
- Only show in feed (Teams activity feed)
- Off (not available for some categories)
To ensure that you receive notifications of most new messages (including replies) without being spammed with emails, you can set most notifications to “Banner”.
If you set “Chat messages” to “Banner and email” and “Email frequency” to “As soon as possible”, you’ll get email notifications of missed Teams messages as quickly as possible.