Sometimes you want to run a PowerPoint presentation on repeat – looping a slideshow so it can play in the background during an event, perhaps at a trade show booth. Is it possible to automatically loop a slideshow in PowerPoint? Yes! In PowerPoint, it’s easy.
- Open your PowerPoint file.
- First, make sure your slides are set to advance automatically: Go to the Transitions tab on the Ribbon.
- On the far right side, under Advance Slide, check the box next to After and set a time amount.
- Then select Apply To All. You can also manually set timings on various slides if you want them to display for a longer or shorter amount of time.
- Go to Slideshow on the Ribbon.
- In the Set Up group, select Set Up Slide Show.
- In the Set Up Show dialog box, under Show options, check the first option Loop continuously until ‘Esc’.
- On the right side, under Advance slides, make sure to select Using timings, if present.
- In this dialog box, you can also choose whether you want to remove an animations or narration, or if you want to only show select slides.
- Click OK.
Test your slideshow by hitting F5 on your keyboard or going to Slideshow on the Ribbon and then selecting From Beginning.
Make any timing adjustments, save the changes, and you’re finished! The looping setting will be remembered next time you open the file; all you have to do is start the slideshow again.