Your email signature can provide helpful information to recipients, including your name, company, contact details, links, and more. You can quickly and easily set up multiple automatic email signatures in Outlook 2016!
To create a new email signature
- In Outlook 2016, click the File tab in the upper left.
- Choose Options on the left sidebar.
- In the window that appears, choose Mail on the left sidebar.
- In the third section, called Create or modify signatures for messages, click the Signatures button.
- The Signatures and Stationery window will appear. In the Edit Signature box, type in your signature details or copy and paste in your signature.
- Click the Save button.
- If you want to add multiple signatures, click the New button and repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Click OK at the bottom of the window.
It’s that simple!
Using multiple and default signatures
Under File > Options > Mail > Signatures, you will see there is a right hand side called Choose default signature.
If you have created multiple email signatures (using the New button on the left), you can choose different email signatures to automatically appear in two different situations: new messages and replies/forwards. It is very common to use your full email signature for new messages, and a shorter signature to add to replies and forwards (in the middle of email conversations).
To do this, simply select the name of each signature you want to use for New messages and replies/forwards. If you don’t want to use an email signature at all for replies/forwards, simply keep it at (none).
Recent Posts / View All Posts
In late 2017, Wiles Brothers Fertilizer was in need of streamlining and updating their IT. Located near Plattsmouth, NE, they offer a complete line of agricultural products and services for private and commercial use. They grew quickly and outstripped what their current IT provider could handle. OXEN consulted with them on their needs and created a roadmap for their IT that Wiles Bros could implement based on their budgetary needs. In Summer 2018 they will be building a new office and OXEN’s services will keep up with their rapid growth needs. To help update and streamline Wiles Bros’ technology, OXEN…