Have you ever wanted to switch the formatting of your Word document? Maybe you have a style set applied but need to switch to your company’s style set to match your branding. This is how you can quickly find the style sets and choose the one you want to use in Word 2016.
- Click the Design tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Document Formatting Group, choose a style set by clicking on it.To see all the options, click the More down arrow on the right. Style sets are grouped into 3 categories in this expanded list: This Document (what is currently applied), Custom (any style sets you’ve saved), and Built-In.
That’s it! In Word 2016, style sets are chosen from the Design tab, and not from the group with the rest of the style application options. Styles themselves are applied from the Home tab.
If you’re not sure that your style set has switched, make sure you have Styles applied in your document – such as title, headings, and paragraph.
- To apply Styles from a style set in your document, go to the Home tab on the Ribbon.
- On the right side of the Ribbon, look for the Styles group. To see all the options, click the More down arrow on the right.
- Highlight text in your document, or place your cursor in the text you want to apply a style to, and then click on the style you want to apply in the Styles list on the Ribbon.
Styles you’ve applied in your document will switch to new formatting when you change the document’s style set. Styles are a powerful way to ensure consistency throughout your document, and allow you to make major formatting changes quickly when you change the style set or update an individual style.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
In late 2017, Wiles Brothers Fertilizer was in need of streamlining and updating their IT. Located near Plattsmouth, NE, they offer a complete line of agricultural products and services for private and commercial use. They grew quickly and outstripped what their current IT provider could handle. OXEN consulted with them on their needs and created a roadmap for their IT that Wiles Bros could implement based on their budgetary needs. In Summer 2018 they will be building a new office and OXEN’s services will keep up with their rapid growth needs. To help update and streamline Wiles Bros’ technology, OXEN…