Do you think you’re getting the best value from your current IT provider? Should you consider switching to a new provider? Choosing an IT / managed services provider is a big decision and it can have a lot of effects.
So what are some signs you might need a change? Here are some things to think about:
- Does your current support match your technology needs? Are you looking for break-fix IT support for when you have problems, or do you want proactive management and maintenance? Look to see if your current provider’s core services match your needs.
- Are you focusing on security?Do you want ongoing guidance and discussion with a cybersecurity expert or a Chief Information Officer? Are you integrating a holistic approach to security with your business and leadership goals? Can your current provider help you with a security roadmap and long-term planning?
- What are your business goals and future plans? How is your technology helping… or not helping? Do you have the expertise on hand to reach those goals? Do you see new certifications in your future?
Starting the switch
If you decide to look for a new IT provider, we recommend planning that transition well in advance. With our 35 years of experience, OXEN’s team has helped many organizations with switching providers, migrating platforms, and planning long-term. Here’s our advice:
- Review your existing IT support agreements for terms, conditions, hidden fees, auto renewals, and notice deadlines. Any unknown “gotchas” could derail or delay your switch.
- Start vetting new vendors at least 9 months in advance to smoothly handle a transition.
- Find out whether you own your IT hardware, or if your current provider does. What would you need to replace or take control of?
- Establish your IT budget.
- Determine the expertise you need. Be clear about what your needs and objectives are, and look for a IT provider whose core services match these.
At OXEN Technology, we think organizations of any size deserve the best technology that fits their needs. We’re here to provide guidance and support in navigating the complex, ever-changing landscape of business technology — from IT network management to cybersecurity services, and infrastructure projects to cloud migrations.
We don’t believe in gimmicks, gotchas, or complexity, and we don’t require agreements or contracts to get started. We want to deliver strong, trusted, and simple solutions that directly address your needs. Good planning is the first step.