Need to remind yourself of what to do? You could keep a to-do list on paper at your desk, or in a spreadsheet. But in Outlook, you can easily create powerful Tasks. You can keep a lot of powerful, trackable information about your tasks. And by adding Tasks in Outlook, you’ll keep a record of what you’ve done.
- Click New Items > Task on the Ribbon.
- Give your Task a Subject.
- If you have Start and Due Dates, add them.
- You can use Status, Priority, and % Complete to record more information about this Task.
- Need a reminder? Selection the “Reminder” checkbox and choose a date.
- When you are done, click Save & Close.
Viewing Your Tasks
Can’t see your Tasks once you’ve added them?
- Go to the View
- Under Layout on the Ribbon, click the down arrow under To-Do Bar.
- Make sure “Tasks” is selected.
Updating Your Tasks
If you want to update Tasks, you can right-click them in the To-Do Bar and choose from the menu. For more options and to open the Task, double-click it.
Note: Tasks are not the same as the to-dos created by flagging messages. Tasks will appear above the list of “follow-ups” for flagged messages in the To-Do Bar.