If you’re using both Office 365 Mail (Outlook.com) and Outlook on desktop, you’ll have noticed that saving your email signature in Outlook does not save it in Office 365 Mail. This can be frustrating if you’re sending email in your browser and your email signature is always missing.
You have to add your email signature in both places. Here’s how to create your Office 365 Mail email signature:
- In Office 365 Mail, click the gear icon in the upper right.
- In the menu that appears, scroll down to Your app settings and click Mail.
- The Options menu will appear on the left. Scroll down to Layout and click the second item, Email signature.
- If you want to automatically include your signature in outgoing messages and/or messages you forward or reply to, check or uncheck the two options.
- In the composer, enter your email signature. You can copy and paste a pre-made signature from Word or a webpage if you need to.
If you want to create a table-based signature, click the down arrow button to the right of the composer buttons, and then click the Insert table You can also find the Insert hyperlink, Undo, and Redo buttons under those “more” arrow.
When you are done making your email signature, click the Save button at the top.
And that’s all there is to it! Just remember that if you update your email signature in Office 365 Mail, you’ll want to update it elsewhere (such as Outlook on desktop) too.
Note: If you are using Outlook Web App (OWA) instead of Office 365 Mail, you may notice discrepancies between these instructions and what you see on your screen. OWA and Office 365 Mail functionality has diverged in some cases and the user interfaces may appear different.
Recent Posts / View All Posts
In late 2017, Wiles Brothers Fertilizer was in need of streamlining and updating their IT. Located near Plattsmouth, NE, they offer a complete line of agricultural products and services for private and commercial use. They grew quickly and outstripped what their current IT provider could handle. OXEN consulted with them on their needs and created a roadmap for their IT that Wiles Bros could implement based on their budgetary needs. In Summer 2018 they will be building a new office and OXEN’s services will keep up with their rapid growth needs. To help update and streamline Wiles Bros’ technology, OXEN…